21 May 2007

Desperation


I check my mail at the US Public Affairs Office once a week. Because I am on a Fulbright, I get diplomatic pouch privileges within certain limits. I can order a book now and again from Amazon, and my mom and dad can send letters.

So I believed myself out of the reach of junk mail for a year. Ha! Visa must be really desperate to be sending me a credit card application in Mozambique. What a waste of taxpayer money and trees. I'm really surprised this was forwarded.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Thanks again to everyone who has dropped me a line. My Dad is doing okay. He had to rescedule his appointment for 1 June, so no more news until then. :(

1 comment:

  1. Damn those telemarketers;they'll get you every time.
    Jen, it's Jenn - Jorge's daughter.
    I just read your blogs about yoru dad and I promise I won't get you down with pity; I'll just say I will be thinking of you and your family.

    Hope everything else is as well as can be. Take care.

    ReplyDelete